The following job will give you an example, of how to change the value of a dimension within the default dimensions of a record (the example-job changes the value of the dimensioncostcenterof a customer). In this way and manner individual dimension values can be removed also.
I have been trying to import data from an Excel file using Data Import Export Framework. The mapping and validation works but when I try to import the data into staging table – I get the below error:
Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0048021 at Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Framework.Tools.DMF.SSISHelper.DMFEntity.ShowPreview(Boolean isComposite) at Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Framework.Tools.DMF.SSISHelperService.Service.ServiceHelper.ShowPreview(DMFEntity entity)
Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0048021
at Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Framework.Tools.DMF.SSISHelper.DMFEntity.ShowPreview(Boolean isComposite)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Framework.Tools.DMF.SSISHelperService.Service.ServiceHelper.ShowPreview(DMFEntity entity)
The problem is caused by the DMConfig XML file.
Go to the DMConfig.xml file in the “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\DataImportExportFramework”folder and replace the PipelineComponentInfo_Multicast, PipelineComponentInfo_ExcelSource and nodes by the following:
Recently I came across one strange issue related to Service Order > Worker description report, I got exception every time when I run this report, after doing some investigation I found that the VatNum field is used in DP class but when i open CompanyInfo table from AOT, I got 'Unretrieved' values of this VatNum for all rows. VatNum basically a string field and it should be either BLANK or having some values. After trying so many trick from google (restart AOS, refresh cache) i still got the 'Unretrieved' issue. I than decided to set this field explicitly from backend DB, in Dynamics AX 2012 R2 databases, it appears that the CompanyInfo table (for example) exists in the AOT but not in the actual SQL database. The columns & data that are supposedly contained in CompanyInfo (according to the AOT) are actually found in the DirPartyTable. This is in contrast to AX 2012 databases. So after manually delete 'NULL' value from VATNum on DirPartyTable to BLANK i than able to run the report successfully. So TWO key point here are :
To overcome the 'Unretrieved' issue you can directly replace column value from NULL to BLANK.
You can find CompanyInfo table in AOT but not from SQL DB, use DirPartyTable instead to fix your desired 'Unretrieved' field issue.
Sometime we have a scenario where we have to copy custom field value from PO to invoice, to do this you have create similar field in VendInvoiceInfoLine table and set/copy the value from PO line to invoice line on VendInvoiceInfoLine.defaultRaw() method or in class VendDocumentLineType_Invoice.